Many cancer treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery can effect a person’s ability to have children. Some therapies will take years to complete, further complicating the reproductive window. Other treatments can induce premature menopause which can have negative effects on bone health, mental health, and cardiovascular health.
Oncofertility integrates both oncology and reproductive endocrinology. Our physicians will create a short and long-term reproductive plan to ensure that we help you to maintain your quality of life through your cancer treatment and beyond.
Our physicians see patients prior to and after treatment for the following:
- Oncofertility consultation
- Ovarian reserve testing
- Fertility Preservation
- Embryo Freezing
- Egg Freezing
- Ovarian transposition
- Sperm Freezing
- Preconception counseling
- Cancer risk reduction (ie prophylactic removal of ovaries)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- In Vitro Fertilization
- Preimplntation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) for single gene mutations (ie BRCA)
- Psychosocial services with licensed clinical psychologists
- Sexual Functioning
- Third Party Reproduction (Egg, sperm or embryo donation)
Some insurance companies do not yet cover all of these services. We will do what we can to help you navigate through insurance coverage.
Contact us to make an appointment or ask questions